PHOEBE-LETTICE THOMPSON X ILLUSTRATED PEOPLE

So um the ultimate babe, Phoebe-Lettice Thompson, has collaborated with East London brand Illustrated People to create her own collection. *ensue all the crying*

Now I have been in love with Phoebe ever since she appeared on Made In Chelsea. Her fashion sense is so unique, playful and experimental. Each week I anticipated excitedly to see what she would wear next. This chick came out in a full-on cheerleader outfit and I practically fainted. (Still need one to add to my own collection).
She basically just didn't really give an eff and wore what she liked, and that's a trait that I aspire and admire in fashion.

Naturally, I freaked out when I heard about this collection, having extremely high expectations for it's awesomeness.

As expected, Phoebs does not disappoint.
This collection has seriously blown every brain cell in my mind and scattered it all the way to Japan because, it. is. so. WOW.

Phoebe X Illustrated People campaign images (all images are from Illustrated People)


Her collection is inspired by the "Tokyo fashion scene" and the "way Harajuku girls approach fashion". It is filled with co-ord fabulousness and lots of juxtaposition, including soft colour palettes and boyish shapes, that still manage to keep a feminine feel. You can also expect dinosaurs, bloody eyeballs and crying pandas. Phoebe herself said whilst describing the vibe of her collection, "Who wouldn't want Barbie to throw up all over you?" Yes Phoebe, yes I do.




Personally I think the best aspect about this collection is the thoughtfulness of the prints. Looking at the clothes from a distance, they look pretty and eye-catching. Then when magnified, all the unique details work cohesively to become a whole new pattern which transforms into something even more fun and incredible.

For example:








Harajuku playground dress from a distance:

- amazing colours
- looks pretty
- have no clue what the print is


C.S.I zoom skillz:

wait WUT.
are those..... eyeballs?
and take-away cups?
and Japanese writing?!
AND LIL BABY JELLYFISH

MY MIND IS EXPLODING OMG SEND HELP THIS IS 2 MUCH WOW CALL C.S.I




With the intensity of the prints, this collection does cater more towards a girl who likes to be bold and experimental. However, if that's not what you're into, this collection does offer tamer options, such as the t-shirts or sweaters, for the girls who like to keep it simple. There really is something for everyone here which is what I love.
D.I.N.O shorts pictured in the centre
My no.1 pick has to be the D.I.N.O basketball shorts (shown above). I would rock this so hard paired with the matching crop top to complete the set, which creates a seriously sick outfit. It has that hip hop sporty vibe that I'm obsessed with. Combining my love of sportswear and amazing prints; it's my ultimate dream piece.

Badass babes just babin' around

Definitely check out the campaign film here, which is just a whole other level of awesomeness. Phoebe styled the shoot herself (amazingly btw) and shot all the photos that I've posted.

It gives you an idea of how versatile these pieces are, by demonstrating many different ways to style them. As shown below, Phoebe has layered one of her t-shirts onto the body con dress, making it more casual and showcasing a whole new outfit. She has also layered multiple crop tops. You can really get creative with this and make it your own.


Overall, Phoebe and the Illustrated People team manage to create something effortlessly cool and exciting, with sick prints and flattering fits.

I am so in love and will definitely be investing in some myself. It is just so majorly sick to the ninth degree that it makes me want to Barbie vomit. All over myself.

Thank you Phoebe, I offer you a slow clap leading into a standing ovation.
And Barbie vomit.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Holla @ Me

♡ mariahhross@gmail.com ♡

Buy my stuff!

Depop: @mariahross

Meet The Author

gimme a beat with extra bass, a sweet outfit and fast food with a large coke pls